Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer scrapbooking

I think we can all agree that we had better weather in April/May than we have done in our actual summer months. So this page of our first ice-creams of the year is kind of appropriate.



This layout uses these stamps to create the bunting, and I hand-stitched across the top using embroidery thread. In a moment of madness, I decided to create a matching swirl across the bottom of the page as well. My hand-stitching projects always seem like a good idea at the time, but at times I was stitching through three layers of cardstock, so it was quite labour-intensive.



My top tip: draw the shape you want and poke holes for your stitches before you start sewing. And make sure you make the holes big enough for your needle to go through :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...